Casey Smith began his career creating sketches for networks such as VH1, NBC, and The CW. Once he discovered that awards don’t pay bills and making content for submission-based shows isn’t a way to make a living, he decided to act and was featured on such outlets as LMN, Food Network, and Travel Channel. He is an alumni of both The Second City’s Online Satire Writing program and Weist-Barron Studios’ Comedic Script program.
- Due to working on other television programs, he turned down appearing as Saybiertoothe for a VH1 “Greatest Moments in Rock Countdown” Special in 2006.
- In July of 2006, he was a “Deputy” for the Tom Green website tomgreen.com.
- He was a quarter-finalist in the 2010 NexTV Writing and Pitch Competition for his pitch titled Gridiron.
- He received the “Award of Distinction” for judging The Communicator Awards in 2011. He won the same award in 2013 and again in 2018 (via The Academy of Interactive & Visual Arts).
- He lost a role as a Human Statue last minute to Will Forte on the season 7 episode 8 of 30 Rock in 2012.
- He received a Silver Winner Award for judging The Davey Awards in 2017. He won the same award again in 2018 (via The Academy of Interactive & Visual Arts).